When you choose to volunteer with Yours Humanly, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering the world’s most vulnerable children through access to education, you choose to make a difference in the lives of children both at home and abroad.
While we’re so glad to have you as a partner as we strive to execute our mission, we also have various expectations of you during your time as a volunteer. This means that you:
- Will be dependable and remain committed and responsible to your volunteer assignment(s).
- Will accept assignment(s) consistent with your interests, abilities, and available time.
- Will accept assignment(s) with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- Will accept feedback from your supervisor to complete your assignment(s) as successfully as possible.
- Will avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such. If actual conflicts of interests arise, volunteers should reveal such immediately.
- Will address ethical concerns by speaking directly with the colleague/responder with whom you have the concern. If necessary, you will report such to your leader in the defined chain of command.
- Will treat all individuals with a sense of dignity, respect, and worth. You will remain non-judgmental about cultural differences, living conditions, and the lifestyle of each person with whom you interact.
- Will avoid profane and abusive language and disruptive behavior that can be dangerous to yourself and others.
- Will abstain from the use of photo, audio, or video recording equipment unless authorized.
- Will respect all confidential information. Each volunteer is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed.
- Will not expect and/or accept tips, request meals to be paid for, or otherwise expect and/or accept payment for any of your volunteer work completed at Yours Humanly, unless previously discussed with management.
- Will not possess or use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs and will not report to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Will not carry any dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons, or other, similar items.
You fully understand and agree that if you do not follow the above-mentioned Code of Conduct or if you show signs of any of the following behavior, you could be banned from being a volunteer with Yours Humanly for life:
– Verbal, physical, or visual harassment of another participant, staff member, or volunteer.
– Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
– Conduct endangering the life, safety, health, or well-being of others.
– Failure to follow any of the organization’s policies or procedures.
– Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
– Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor, leader, or mentor.
You fully agree and understand that you will not be compensated/paid for any of the volunteer work that you complete. You are choosing to do this work for the purpose of our organization’s mission and do not/will not expect any monetary compensation in return.
Do You Have Questions, Concerns, or Want Additional Information?
If you have questions, concerns, or general inquiries regarding our Code of Conduct, please feel free to contact us by calling +1 925.680.9700 or sending us an email at email@example.com.